Monday, March 4, 2013

Let The Fun Begin!

Hi, I'm Kayla, and welcome to Where My Cup Overflows!  God has poured so many of His blessings into my life...so many more than I ever even dreamed.  He has given me my amazing husband, Zack, who is my best friend and the biggest blessing in my life. <3 He is unbelievably hardworking, an absolutely fabulous father to our children and such a wonderful and sacrificial husband. God has allowed many experiences in our lives, both good and bad, and has richly blessed us with a large and beautiful family!  I simply couldn't imagine life any other way!

Right off the bat I have to admit though...this is a completely new thing to me...blogging that is. And yet here I am about to embark on a journey into the world of blogging. It's a slightly scary feeling, but I am certain it will be lots of fun and allow me to reminisce years down the road, of the joyful time spent being a wife and mother.  Not only that but I am excited to share inspiration and hope through the Word of God and to share experiences of homeschooling, recipes and more!

Although I may not be a "seasoned" wife and mother, having been married a little over ten years now to my highschool sweetheart, having given birth to 6 beautiful children (one of whom was called home to be with the Lord...that story another day) and about to give birth yet again this June, I feel that I do have some experience to share. ;-) There are many other ladies out there with far more experience than I of course, and I commend them and love learning from them. They are such an inspiration and encouragement!

A few little tidbits about me: one of my favorite hobbies is COOKING, so you can expect recipes and other yummy treats to be posted periodically. Crafting is another hobby I enjoy, such as sewing and making things by hand like soaps and other smell-good yummies. There's something very therapeutic about making things with your own two hands.  Another all time favorite hobby of mine is reading. Ohhh how I adore curling up with a good book and a hot cup of coffee or tea and just diving in to a good book. I am very particular about the books I read and I mostly enjoy reading my Bible, Christian books on how to further build my family and home, as well as christian fiction. Not much free time is left for fiction books these days though, so it's a rarity. (What exactly is *free time* again?? Someone remind me. :-P )  One book I am thoroughly enjoying right now is Lysa TerKeurst's "Unglued". It...is...phenomenal. I *highly* recommend it for everyone to read.  Go to www.lysaterkeurst.com to learn more.

My goal for this blog is to share experiences, not only for our own benefit for beautiful memories years down the road, but also to give hope, encouragement and support to other wives and mothers. Titus 2:4-5 tells us "Then they can teach the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be wise and pure, to be good workers at home, to be kind, and to yield to their husbands. Then no one will be able to criticize the teaching God gave us."

So welcome to Where My Cup Overflows and I hope you enjoy what you read each day. Maybe you can find practical applications for your life or just a good 'ol laugh!

May God richly bless you!

Kayla






1 comment: